Ceramic Coat #protection
Remember the day you bought your car? Ceramic coating could be the answer to keep your car in the original condition or better. Ceramic coating can help to eliminate the scratches, chips, and stains that start to spread across your car’s exterior and stop the paint beginning to dull and fade from the sun.
With smart-surface technology, GTECHNIQ’s composite ceramic coatings are used for marine, automotive and aviation exteriors. Continually improved over the last 20 years, they offer the best protection against rain, mud and dirt and prevent UV damage, rust and oxidisation. Installed by our GTECHNIQ accredited team, they’re an essential part of protecting your investment.
At Carttitude we are a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer – we use Gtechniq sealants, which are made from thousands of nano-particles that link tightly together on your car’s paintwork to form a chemical bond with the surface, thus making the coating extremely durable and hard wearing. Applied on a car’s surface, the coatings create a gloss that is slick and extremely strong. The easiest way to understand ceramic coating is to think of it as a second layer of skin, or a sacrificial layer of protection over your car’s clearcoat. The process implies the use the following products:
- Crystal Serum Ultra – keeps your car looking glossy and new, prolonging the life of your paintworks perfect finish.
- Crystal Serum Light – offers 80% of professional Serum Ultra’s performance, but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicles paintwork.
- EXOv4 – delivers a hard film that makes water-spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals and can help withstand micro-marring. It produces a high-gloss, warm-looking, extreme hydrophobic finish.
- C5 Wheel Armour – offers protection for wheels, repelling brake dust and contaminants, thus making them easier to maintain.
- G1 Smart Vision Glass – the hydrophobic function improves wet weather visibility helping to improve safety and eye strain. It is extremely durable and makes removing contaminants from the glass such as ice, bugs and tree sap much easier.
- L1 Leather Guard – offers protection against abrasion damage, UV rays, dye transfer and other discoloration.
- I1 Smart Fabric – assures protection to all kinds of fabrics from water-based stains. It is breathable and extremely durable.
- C6 Matte Dash – designed specifically to protect dashboard and door card materials.
- C4 Permanent Plastic Trim Restorer – acts as an extension of the plastic molecule it is protecting.
Summing up, a coating is only as good as the technician applying it, and the quality of preparation performed. Each coating system has a unique preparation and application method, which needs to be mastered and should only be applied after the paint is thoroughly decontaminated and the clear coat levelled. Coating should only be applied on perfect and levelled paint, otherwise it will only highlight its flaws.
The ceramic coating process can take anywhere between 1 to 5 days depending on the condition of your paint, the size of the vehicle and complementary services.
Get your car`s shine and glory back, just let us handle it! Read more about ceramic coating.